Montipora Turning White

  • Thread starter Thread starter jtess7
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

jtess7

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 10, 2024
Messages
21
Reaction score
8
Location
Canton
What state or country do you live in
Georgia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My large montipora is turning white and I don’t understand why. My parameters are on point and my others are fine.

IMG_5116.jpeg
 
Yes, and I’m not sure what it is. I’m thinking of cutting it before it continues to grow more.
 
Agree with the above statement.
Almost looks like blue photosynthetic sponge in the picture. Or something else, like rot I would careful remove all of it to hopefully prevent it from spreading further.

A white light image of the stuff that you remove, or a magnified image from a scope may help with the identification of the object?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 18 21.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 25 29.4%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 4.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 8.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new