Moonlight Good or Bad?

SPIREEFER

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Recently Upgraded to Radions x30g4 and to my surprise these days that have been full moon they stay on at a very dim blue light, read up on it and found out they are simulating moonlight. Is it good for the Fish/corals to have light all night?? And if not how the heck do I turn it off I'm running a template from ecotech coral lab sps enhancing color and growth.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Recently Upgraded to Radions x30g4 and to my surprise these days that have been full moon they stay on at a very dim blue light, read up on it and found out they are simulating moonlight. Is it good for the Fish/corals to have light all night?? And if not how the heck do I turn it off I'm running a template from ecotech coral lab sps enhancing color and growth.
There is a lot of debate on that. I personally turn my moonlight off (different fixture) but at such low levels I doubt it is a problem. On clear nights reefs have moonlight and seem to do just fine.

cloak

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Moonlights aren't bad, but I just don't see the point of them unless you'll be spending some quality time in front of the tank. Between the digital clock, the small lights on the TV, cable box etc, the room where my tank is located at is not completely dark though either.

Last edited:

Good trouble: Have mushrooms ever become pests in your aquarium?

• Mushrooms would never be pests even if they kept replicating.

Votes: 26 16.6%
  • Mushrooms have not become a pest for me.

Votes: 65 41.4%
  • Mushroom have become overgrown, but not to the point of becoming pests.

Votes: 22 14.0%
  • Mushrooms have become pests in my aquarium.

Votes: 35 22.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 5.7%
Back