Moonlighting for ati t5 fixture???

  • Thread starter Thread starter josh4107
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

josh4107

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 18, 2012
Messages
439
Reaction score
56
Location
Winchester, Ky
What state or country do you live in
Kentucky
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone have any suggestions for a moonlight I can use with my ati t5 fixture? I love my t5s but really miss having a moonlight/low blue LEDs for making corals pop after main lights go off. Was considering adding a reefbrite strip but am afraid it might be too much light. Anyone using a ati fixture and have a moonlight source. Any help or suggestions would be awesome!
 
reefbrite is probably your best option, start with one strip and see how you like it.
 
Those 5050 LED strips from eBay work wonders for moonlights. I used them on a 16 inch deep tank and it worked really well. They're dirt cheap and you can power them with an old phone charger or any other DC power supply you can find.
 
I'm just wondering how I would attach them to my fixture and make it halfway decent looking. Really like the reefbrites but I'm not sure if one blue would be too bright
 
One blue is more than enough. I love my reefbrite it gave my corals the pop I was looking for.
<iframe src="https://www.flickr.com/photos/79101694@N08/13552023965/player/a4c7a508d3" height="335" width="500" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen oallowfullscreen msallowfullscreen></iframe>
 
Nrike, do you have one set up on an ati fixture?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 22.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 16 25.4%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 14.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 12.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 5 7.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new