Moray Eel Tank progress Thread

The Salty Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Super happy with how this tank has been bought back from the dead, little more rock going in, planning our coral usage, sump is working great, water clarity is spot on, we will be moving the Eels more than likely in another week
Leopard and 3 white eyed will look great in this tank
Light suggestion for this tank guy's? we will be wanting to keep GSP and morphs and some easy leathers etc in with the eels (Tank is 6x3x18)

Fishnut

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you keep a monsters like that from carpet surfing at night. Do you have a weighted down glass canopy? My last eel wasn’t half the size as your beauties and he popped up the lid and surfed twice.

OP
OP
The Salty Reefer

The Salty Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you keep a monsters like that from carpet surfing at night. Do you have a weighted down glass canopy? My last eel wasn’t half the size as your beauties and he popped up the lid and surfed twice.
Hey mate
I have a custom piece of Polycarb suntuff sheeting on top and its anchored to the top, allows light through for the corals also, its pretty heavy and the boys are fed well :)
They had lighter sheets on the previous tank and never once breached them

piranhaman00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im setting up a 4x3 eel tank myself!

Did your eels eat right away after the move? My jeweled moray is finicky with refusing food after I even move a rock in his current tank lol .

OP
OP
The Salty Reefer

The Salty Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im setting up a 4x3 eel tank myself!

Did your eels eat right away after the move? My jeweled moray is finicky with refusing food after I even move a rock in his current tank lol .
hey mate, nice size, yeah we never had any trouble with them eating, even this latest move they got fed the day after and smashed it, occasionally when its warmer they will slow down alittle

Hugh Mann

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I absolutely love your animals, gorgeous beasts. Though I am a little bit biased towards the white eyes, as I look to my left and see my lil' guy poking his head out of his hole.

Also, seeing your grown white eyes, I clearly did not know what I was getting myself into. In a couple years this guy is going to be the size of my arm!

Beautiful. Consider me jealous.

OP
OP
The Salty Reefer

The Salty Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks mate
the white eyes we call the 3 stooges, they are hilarious in and out of the pipework, very bold and they snatch food off the big fella, and very personable, they get to a good size, and these boys are well fed and loved :)
Glad you like them
I absolutely love your animals, gorgeous beasts. Though I am a little bit biased towards the white eyes, as I look to my left and see my lil' guy poking his head out of his hole.

Also, seeing your grown white eyes, I clearly did not know what I was getting myself into. In a couple years this guy is going to be the size of my arm!

Beautiful. Consider me jealous.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 108 75.0%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 10.4%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 9 6.3%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 4 2.8%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.4%
Back