More dead fish ....

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
11 fish are a lot to add at one time to a smaller tank. The "old" rock may not be enough to keep up with the added bio load in the tank.

+2 The fact that some nitrite was present ("nitrite .1") indicates at the very least a mini-cycle was occurring. I missed that little tidbit previously.

OP
OP
Z06-Hec

Z06-Hec

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just to throw another factor into the mix.... Today he checked the temperature and it was 70 degrees in there..... I mean while its not crazy low if he wasn't paying attention to the thermometer he has in the back of the sump and it dropped fast from his normal temp that could have played a factor as well.

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just to throw another factor into the mix.... Today he checked the temperature and it was 70 degrees in there..... I mean while its not crazy low if he wasn't paying attention to the thermometer he has in the back of the sump and it dropped fast from his normal temp that could have played a factor as well.

70 degrees is too low. 76 is the minimum I would entertain, IMO

rayn

Bluefin Believer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Throwing it out, I don't remember seeing it mentioned. Is it possible that there is a electrical short somewhere in the tank? Something crying the fishies?

13jake

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just another thing listen for clicking in the tank at night there might be a small mantis shrimp in there. But I think you would notice damage on the dead fish.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 76 44.4%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 79 46.2%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 16 9.4%
Back