More info on Pink Anemone

bumperbeetle

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 10, 2015
Messages
105
Reaction score
23
Location
Houston, TX
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ff5d09200d357b7d8ebf71ff340fcc37.jpg


Hi All!
This pretty little thing has caught my eye and Im considering adding it to my tank. Unfortunately I cant find much on it....not even a proper name. Anyone out there able to identify this for me?? Would be very appreciative!
 
tube anemone, I had one, it was happy till I accidentally killed it with a rock :(
 
I hear they eat fish sometimes. Not sure how often this happens. I always liked them just never wanted to risk it.
 
Thanks for your input! Think I will pass in it...Im pretty attached to my fish and don't want to take that chance of them becoming dinner.
 
I'd buy it! I never had mine eat a fish or shrimp. My 2 skunk shrinp live in the little cave I put mine in. They bug it more than anything else. Also I do have some bottom dwelling fish.

 
I believe that Tube Anemones being rabid fish eaters is yet another SW forum urban myth. Yes they can capture a sick and compromised fish but they are not the fish eaters that most other anemones are. I never had an issue.
 
I believe that Tube Anemones being rabid fish eaters is yet another SW forum urban myth. Yes they can capture a sick and compromised fish but they are not the fish eaters that most other anemones are. I never had an issue.
+1, I hate pseudoscience
 
I have always had my doubts on their reputation as well. But with all the posts I had read I decided not to risk it. I have seen some really nice specimens.
 
be3121e12775ac5b7d945e96c195aca1.jpg
I have had two for about a year. Never had issues with my fish with the exception of pj cardinals. But they were new additions every time. My tank has several wrasse and gobies I think most fish know better. [emoji3]
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 19.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 21 29.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 12.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 3 4.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 11.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 8.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new