More user control

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Jay Z

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Per how horrible your salt and ph probes read and calibrate and the solutions. I would like to suggest giving them a offset value for people like me that don't trust your or others equipment 100% for initial accurate readings.

It would be excellent to adjust these 2 values up and down on our own to compensate for initial calibration. Maybe a waiver box to check if we adjust manually also. Would love to be able to dial it in so its more on par with actual reading. Get sick of looking at the app and display knowing I have to do math for my actual levels.

OP
OP
Jay Z

Jay Z

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My lack of info has gotten the better of me again?

I've seen the temp offset but would like actual offset for corrections? I've looked at a lot of forums, could you point me in the right direction please?

OP
OP
Jay Z

Jay Z

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
U can do this
And I'm talking about a off set like the temp. Calibrate salinity, add or subtract from that number to match what the tank actually is.

Calibrate and says tank is at 33.3 when I know its at 34.9, then adjust 33.3 to 34.9 with out temp offset.

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And I'm talking about a off set like the temp. Calibrate salinity, add or subtract from that number to match what the tank actually is.

Calibrate and says tank is at 33.3 when I know its at 34.9, then adjust 33.3 to 34.9 with out temp offset.
I have done it before I’m trying to figure it out now for you

road_runner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Per how horrible your salt and ph probes read and calibrate and the solutions. I would like to suggest giving them a offset value for people like me that don't trust your or others equipment 100% for initial accurate readings.

It would be excellent to adjust these 2 values up and down on our own to compensate for initial calibration. Maybe a waiver box to check if we adjust manually also. Would love to be able to dial it in so its more on par with actual reading. Get sick of looking at the app and display knowing I have to do math for my actual levels.
I do not think it will be helpful.
These probs shift over time meaning the correction coefficient will change over time.
I think it's useless to try and get these probs to be reliable. Better them them for event and delta monitoring instead of absolute monitoring.

OP
OP
Jay Z

Jay Z

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do not think it will be helpful.
These probs shift over time meaning the correction coefficient will change over time.
I think it's useless to try and get these probs to be reliable. Better them them for event and delta monitoring instead of absolute monitoring.
I know calibrations are necessary to keep reliable reading. Would just be nice to manually set it correct off the get go.

road_runner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know calibrations are necessary to keep reliable reading. Would just be nice to manually set it correct off the get go.
I guarantee you I will not help. But i understand what are you trying..

road_runner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its a ocd thing. Just like things to line up. Nothing wrong on keeping tabs now, just like numbers to match.
You are missing the point of what is calibration for.
Calibration compensate for prob tonprob variation.
But it also compensate to thenprob **** over time, components over time age, degrade and change its property habit, so you do calibration to account for these shifts. This means the calibration values(math, numbers..etc) can change ad the prob electricalnproperty change.

Now, the point unwanted to make earlier that that I have so little trust in Neptune probs that I will only use them for event trigger rather than absolute reading

OP
OP
Jay Z

Jay Z

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You are missing the point of what is calibration for.
Calibration compensate for prob tonprob variation.
But it also compensate to thenprob **** over time, components over time age, degrade and change its property habit, so you do calibration to account for these shifts. This means the calibration values(math, numbers..etc) can change ad the prob electricalnproperty change.

Now, the point unwanted to make earlier that that I have so little trust in Neptune probs that I will only use them for event trigger rather than absolute reading
I know what calibration is, I don't trust the probes either. I run manual tests for all my parameters.

Maybe I explained it wrong.

I set my calibration fluids in the ref for a hour before I start. Follow all cleaning and instructions to the T. Do my calibration. It registers as 33 in my tank, I know my tank is at 35. Would like to add 2 points to 33 to display 35 for the month or so until I need to recalibrate it. Every instance I mess with the temp off set, it directly affects my ph display. trying to do auto in ph gives a bad reading, doing a manual which gets it real close messes up the salinity again.

So when I calibrate and get 33 salt and 8.0 ph I would like to go back and set salt as 35 and ph to 8.3 to match the 3 test kits I use to triple check my water. So when I look at my phone or display the numbers are some what close, I'm anal like this with all my stuff. Then when one starts to stray, recalibrate and start again.

I see it had a option in the classic, but can't find one on mine.

vhuang168

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know what calibration is, I don't trust the probes either. I run manual tests for all my parameters.

Maybe I explained it wrong.

I set my calibration fluids in the ref for a hour before I start. Follow all cleaning and instructions to the T. Do my calibration. It registers as 33 in my tank, I know my tank is at 35. Would like to add 2 points to 33 to display 35 for the month or so until I need to recalibrate it. Every instance I mess with the temp off set, it directly affects my ph display. trying to do auto in ph gives a bad reading, doing a manual which gets it real close messes up the salinity again.

So when I calibrate and get 33 salt and 8.0 ph I would like to go back and set salt as 35 and ph to 8.3 to match the 3 test kits I use to triple check my water. So when I look at my phone or display the numbers are some what close, I'm anal like this with all my stuff. Then when one starts to stray, recalibrate and start again.

I see it had a option in the classic, but can't find one on mine.

Use your tank water to calibrate instead of the calibration solution. You are basically telling the probe that your tank water is baseline. So if it is really at 33 or at 35, the probe will read it as 35.

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 20 48.8%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 11 26.8%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 9 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.4%
Back