Morphing SPS????

authentic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
My Tank is sps dominated and my colonies grow into each other.This morning i noticed this which appears to be a morph!one coral is lunar lemonade which is purple with green highlighted tips.The coral next to it is mainly green/blue with a different growth pattern.As you can see(circled)is an areawith a bluish purple base and yellow to green highlighted tips.Is this how people get new coral morphs?two colonies close together?and what are the thoughts on letting it grow where it is ir fragging it and growing it out?
IMG_7849.jpg

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Tank is sps dominated and my colonies grow into each other.This morning i noticed this which appears to be a morph!one coral is lunar lemonade which is purple with green highlighted tips.The coral next to it is mainly green/blue with a different growth pattern.As you can see(circled)is an areawith a bluish purple base and yellow to green highlighted tips.Is this how people get new coral morphs?two colonies close together?and what are the thoughts on letting it grow where it is ir fragging it and growing it out?
IMG_7849.jpg
Interesting to see how that plays out.. I wouldn’t cut it unless they’re touching and fighting. I’ve seen plenty of LPs like hammers do this but not sps.. we are starting to see lots of grafted sps which is nothing more than a bacterial infection that normally brings a green or purple pigment into the next one.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 28 15.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 13.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 107 58.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.6%
Back