Most adjustable return pumps?

MantisShrimpMan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking for a return pump to feed a closed loop UV sterilizer, and I want something that has a lot of steps of increment for dialing in the flow. Like, I was looking at the AI axis, but there’s a review on BRS that says you can only adjust it 0%/25%/50%/75%/100%. And I’m pretty sure that the innovative marine mighty jet pumps only have 9 stops of adjustment. So, my question is, what return pump offers the most steps, or the finest tune adjustment of flow rate?

Kmst80

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking for a return pump to feed a closed loop UV sterilizer, and I want something that has a lot of steps of increment for dialing in the flow. Like, I was looking at the AI axis, but there’s a review on BRS that says you can only adjust it 0%/25%/50%/75%/100%. And I’m pretty sure that the innovative marine mighty jet pumps only have 9 stops of adjustment. So, my question is, what return pump offers the most steps, or the finest tune adjustment of flow rate?
Aqua Medic return pumps can be adjusted in 1% increments.

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I think my Red Dragon 100 watt has increases of 2 watts per step, meaning there are 50 steps.
I think my 150 watt is the same.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 14.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 7.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 78 55.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 7.1%
Back