Most dangerous fish/invert

  • Thread starter Thread starter Steven91
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

What is the most dangerous fish/invert you have in your tank


  • Total voters
    33
Fox face son got stung one time at a joint on his finger swelled up quite big and had to be lanced
 
I have a smith's 'fang tooth' blenny, supposed to be venomous, but he's certainly not dangerous. Same with my orange spot rabbitfish. I figure, don't try and catch them with my hand, I'll be fine.

I do have one small colony of Palythoa, but they're not really dangerous either... as long as you know the risks, it's not that hard to keep from getting yourself poisoned by them.

I'm probably much more likely to be electrocuted by my tank than I am to have one of the animals in it injure me. I suspect the same is true for many of us.
 
I have a foxface that will let me pet him...

I wish mine was like that, mine hides most of the time if i go near the tank
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 36.7%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 9 30.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 10.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.3%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new