0   0   0
What is the most expensive fish? I heard of it but dont remember the name it
Thank You

sly fox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well most expensive fish per se is tricky because there are a lot of fish not available in the hobby... a live full size whale shark delivered to your door or a coelacanth for example would be extremely costy

Ian

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Probably the Paracentropyge Boylei which is rumored to be hitting the US. It's estimated that it will sell for anywhere from $10-25k...

Pboylei.jpg

OP
OP
P

princesuhaib

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well most expensive fish per se is tricky because there are a lot of fish not available in the hobby... a live full size whale shark delivered to your door or a coelacanth for example would be extremely costy

LOL that would be funny

LILBUDDHA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw an article that was selling Genicanthus personatus (masked Angels ) for 30k for a pair in Japan collected in the deep water of Hawaii

FateX8

Frag Dragon
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i spoke with a collector in hawaii about the personatus and he told me he sold them for 10k
boylei sold for 20k last i remember
there actually was a shipment of these i believe last year and all were presold

NotTheFace

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My club was discussing this same thing today. From what was said was that Paracentropyge Boylei is a really deep water fish (400 ft) and that only a hand full of people can actually dive that deep and it's really dangerous.

Aquabucket

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw an article that was selling Genicanthus personatus (masked Angels ) for 30k for a pair in Japan collected in the deep water of Hawaii

What's even crazier with the deep water angels is the marine bioligists and divers who collect these fish do not know what their specific diet is and most if not all starve in captivity in a short time. I had dinner with Richard Pyle once and he said the Japenese pay big bucks for these fish knowing they are going to perish in captivity. It does help fund the dives however.

Just for the heck of it here is a link to a talk from Richard:
Richard Pyle dives the reef's Twilight Zone | Video on TED.com
(deep dive starts @ 9:00 minutes in)

Last edited:

seascape

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
and im sad when a 75.00 fish dies on me and these idiots buy them knowing they are in a short period of time.I say excuse my language dumb a..es

ahayes13

In a reefin' haze
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's even crazier with the deep water angels is the marine bioligists and divers who collect these fish do not know what their specific diet is and most if not all starve in captivity in a short time. I had dinner with Richard Pyle once and he said the Japenese pay big bucks for these fish knowing they are going to perish in captivity. It does help fund the dives however.

Just for the heck of it here is a link to a talk from Richard:
Richard Pyle dives the reef's Twilight Zone | Video on TED.com
(deep dive starts @ 9:00 minutes in)

i really enjoyed that video , thanks ! :)

Back