Most Reliable Budget Return Pump

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Joined
Sep 5, 2014
Messages
8,134
Reaction score
6,160
Location
Houston, TX
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anybody know a very reliable budget return pump? I’ve been using Danner Mag Drive pumps for years, and thought maybe there’s something with the same reliability now with less heat and vibration?
 
My eheim must be 8 years old and I bought it used so older than that. It has not slowed down at all or needed anything replaced.
 
Hi! I am very impressed with it. I have 2, one returning to my dt and one on my mixing station. I plumbed mine in using a small section of rubber hose which helps to absorb vibration and sound. Mine is very quiet. The variable speed controller is very useful. I would advise going one size larger than you think you need so you have flexibility. Mine pushes water through a 32mm pipe about 5 meters before the water enters my DT with lots of 90 bends and I still get excellent flow running at 70% speed. I have the 6000lph version and you can run the pump at 1800, 2400, 3200, 3900,4600, 5300 or 6000 lph. Ive had mine for 8 months now and I highly recommended them.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 12 44.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 7.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new