Mount bracket for PSU (power bricks) to the wall - 3D printed

  • Thread starter Thread starter Seregus
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Seregus

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 30, 2016
Messages
285
Reaction score
150
Location
Como
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

I'm in a process of setting up UNS R150 and enjoying it, so everything goes really slowly, one part I wanted is to mount all those power bricks to the back wall (this way cable management is neat), so I bought a large marine plywood sheet of 18mm thickness and placed it against the wall and the next thing come up - how to mount those units?
I wanted it to be easy removable and replaced if needed.

I have not found a solution as of now, so instead had to use 20mm Velcro kit from Amazon (they included also loops) and some custom 3D printed brackets I created myself! It worked out really really well!

I'm attaching some photos of printed brackets for GHL Doser 3 power bricks (they are tiny) and huge GHL Lightbar 3 320W monster so it's easier to understand my solution.

I hope maybe someone will find it useful.

PS: If anyone interested, here is a link to the 3D model (all free): https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:7315211
PPS: Found another forum here for 3D printing, my bad, will post there next time
IMG_6247.jpeg IMG_6280.jpeg
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new