Power brick organisation (looking for wall mount) + how many?

saltcats

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

I'm in the process still of setting up my 50 lagoon and trying to get all the equipment organisation needs installed before I put the tank in place and it becomes impossible to work behind it.

I'd like to mount my various power bricks from the wall, and I'm hoping someone can point me in the direction of my 'dream' wall mount, as well as offer some advise on how many I'm likely to end up with... already my light and return pump have large bricks, and it looks like if I was to get a gyre pump down the road that'd have one as well.

What other equipment might have a big brick like this? Do most controllable powerheads have big bricks? What about skimmers (looks like yes)?
I'd like to have enough storage slots to hold any future equipment needs from the get-go if I can manage it!

In terms of the mounting system itself, I prefer the ones that can hold multiple bricks so I don't have to drill so many holes... The 5 brick holder by clearchoiceaquatics looks like the configuration I prefer (bricks lie horizontal, stacked above each other) but it sounds like the shelves themselves are pretty small for the bricks, and I'd prefer more ventilation around them.
Can anyone point me in the right direction? I've seen some very pretty 3d printed solutions for 1 brick floating around on here ;)

Or other suggestions welcome as well!

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 for Velcro. Either attached to the wall or to the back of the stand.
You could also just mount a narrow shelf behind the tank to set the various bricks on. Maybe include a few extra holes/slots for future bricks.

OP
OP
saltcats

saltcats

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 for Velcro. Either attached to the wall or to the back of the stand.
You could also just mount a narrow shelf behind the tank to set the various bricks on. Maybe include a few extra holes/slots for future bricks.
I like the shelf idea!
Velcro is probably the easiest/lowest effort choice; I may end up just doing that after all. Thanks!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 35 16.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 28 12.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 128 58.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 14 6.4%
Back