How did you mount your UV sterilizer?

  • Thread starter Thread starter petcellar
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
I have the Ice Cap in sump UV. It is not plumbed directly to the return line but instead sits in the sump similar to the skimmer
 
I mounted mine vertically with the Neat Aquatics Aqua UV Quick release clamps. It makes it super easy to remove and work on it to replace the bulb or clean. They’re not cheap, but very handy.
I mounted my UV sterilizer with the Neat clamps. IMO/E they are junk. Both shattered into multiple pieces after 2 years. I was going to mount my Kessils to 8020 using 3d adapters but now I don’t trust any 3d stuff for critical jobs.
 
Many good suggestions here. I personally want the UV body to be below the return lines so as to air not to get trapped in the UV body. My 150g system has a slight tilt down from the return line level. In the year it’s been running have had no issues. But my new 300 system, I dropped them a bit more before the return line level going into the tank.

150g system I’m running a Vectra M2 and a Varios 10 for the 300. I can’t run either one past 40% without crazy current and makes PWHeads unless almost but without fluctuations which need. So drop the main flow and get the PWH to do random flow.



150g setup. No problem for the past year it’s been running. 25wt Aqua UltraViolet

IMG_0893.jpeg



New 300g setup. Dual 57watt units. Going to each return line.

IMG_0784.jpeg
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 7 38.9%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 22.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 16.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new