Mounted Track System for a WaterBox 130.4

  • Thread starter Thread starter MR2MAS
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

MR2MAS

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
May 14, 2021
Messages
56
Reaction score
46
Location
San Diego
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got a WaterBox 130.4. I’m upgrading from a 36 Gallon bow front.

The nice thing is that the tank came with a pair of Quanta Lights. So I’m thinking about pairing them with the AI Prime 16’s in my current setup.

I would rather not mount the lights to the ceiling, so I’m looking at a mounted track system like the EcoTech RMS or AI’s HMS.

So looking for recommendations and personal experiences with either system.
 
I think a custom 80/20 mount could be designed for almost any tank. This is one I had designed for my WB 330.7. it is attached to the stand but could also be mounted to the wall behind the tank. 80/20 is like tinker toys for grown ups lol

PXL_20240404_194314818.jpg

image.jpg
 
I think a custom 80/20 mount could be designed for almost any tank. This is one I had designed for my WB 330.7. it is attached to the stand but could also be mounted to the wall behind the tank. 80/20 is like tinker toys for grown ups lol

PXL_20240404_194314818.jpg

image.jpg
Omg that looks amazing! I like the fact that if I design something like this, it would interfere with my lid! I wouldn’t mind mounting it to the back of the stand.

My only concern would be the weight handling if I go with a back mount like this.

Did you use any programs to design your setup? Any tips would be helpful!
 
Unfortunately a fellow member who no longer visits here did the design work. I just ordered everything and assembled it. I know he was using the software at 8020.net

EDIT: I have the drawing and parts list but I'm not sure how useful it would be on a different application.
 

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new