Mounting kessil tuna blue in current light fixture

  • Thread starter Thread starter Deej1534
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Deej1534

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 10, 2022
Messages
158
Reaction score
38
Location
Notthfield, NJ
What state or country do you live in
New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have a currently working t5 light fixture which used to have HiDs on it but they fried out. I have 3 kessil tuna blues I wanna add to the fixture to replace the HIDs and make a hybrid set up. Would adding them in the below pictures areas be okay or do you think they would over heat?

IMG_0721.jpeg IMG_0720.jpeg IMG_0719.jpeg
 
Keep them under 80% to minimize heat. They do have fans, so that helps
I am thinking how hot my HID’s were and these mounts kept them fairly cool. And the whole top of the figure is venting. When they are placed in the fixture there is about a 1/4 inch all around
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 6 17.6%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 15 44.1%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 2 5.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 5.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new