Mounting multiple frags together?

Rpc07

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
is it possible to mount multiple frags of the same coral together? Will they grow into each other and encrust together or is this a crazy idea?

Reefs and Geeks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've done many times. I made a bunch of birdsnest coral frags and had them all next to each other on my frag rack, and a couple weeks later I went to pick one up and they are all stuck together. The tips were touching and they just connected to each other. I now purposely avoid putting them too close to each other to keep that from happening when I dont want to.

Also, that's how grafting works. Different colors of the same species are cut and allowed to grow into each other.

ReefAddict0814

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've done many times. I made a bunch of birdsnest coral frags and had them all next to each other on my frag rack, and a couple weeks later I went to pick one up and they are all stuck together. The tips were touching and they just connected to each other. I now purposely avoid putting them too close to each other to keep that from happening when I dont want to.

Also, that's how grafting works. Different colors of the same species are cut and allowed to grow into each other.
image.jpg
woke up this morning to this and they definitely weren’t that close . All their tentacles are still out and there’s a bunch of white stuff in between the two like a goop they’re formed ‍♂️

Back