Mouth open torch :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icryhard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Again, the question isn’t what is wrong with my water. The question is: Is there something specifically that causes a torch’s mouth to open like this?
Yeah, 50000 different things. Since we have nothing to work with and no one has time to sit here and mention all of it: go search the internet. Plenty of information on what causes it and you won’t have to tell us your super godlike parameters, light schedule and what is in your tank.

OP
OP
RaymondsWorlddd

RaymondsWorlddd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Yeah, 50000 different things. Since we have nothing to work with and no one has time to sit here and mention all of it: go search the internet. Plenty of information on what causes it and you won’t have to tell us your super godlike parameters, light schedule and what is in your tank.
Lol idk why you’re so grumpy over this. I asked if there was something SPECIFIC. If there isn’t, a simple “a lot of things can cause this” would have sufficed. I was wondering if it was a simple fix but if there isn’t one specific thing, then thank you

TangerineSpeedo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OMG... This whole thread is hilarious!
@Icryhard... Dude... Bro... Why are you stirring up dead threads from the 80's? Is there something else you need to talk about? Something you need to share with the room about your day?

I hypothetically cut my hand at work... As I sitting in urgent care I am bleeding all over the paperwork I am filling out. Answering questions like "Do I smoke?" "Is there history of heart disease in my family ?" "How many times a week do I exercise ?"
When in reality, all I need is some frikin stitches...

Icryhard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OMG... This whole thread is hilarious!
@Icryhard... Dude... Bro... Why are you stirring up dead threads from the 80's? Is there something else you need to talk about? Something you need to share with the room about your day?

I hypothetically cut my hand at work... As I sitting in urgent care I am bleeding all over the paperwork I am filling out. Answering questions like "Do I smoke?" "Is there history of heart disease in my family ?" "How many times a week do I exercise ?"
When in reality, all I need is some frikin stitches...
Aside from the fact that I have no idea where you’re from and your healthcare system probably sucks: your example is straight to the point and requires no assessment. It needs immediate medical attention. Had you stated that you came in with a severe headache they would’ve asked you questions and that would’ve made sense. You would’ve answered them and they can quickly start backtracking and checking your medical history for anything which could’ve caused it.

Why I came here? My coral had the very same. Unfortunately I could not diagnose anything since people like you and your boyfriend are a little too proud to simply do what is required for a bit of help.

Well, mine luckily survived and completely bounced back after a day, but of course we wouldn’t want to say what caused it, instead I’ll let you sit there and take wild guesses. That’s apparently the way to go for you 2.

I mean, just take a look at the responses. I’m obviously not the only one feeling this way and funny enough the thread became to some extent useful when others were talking about their experiences.

Last edited by a moderator:

ScottJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aside from the fact that I have no idea where you’re from and your healthcare system probably sucks: your example is straight to the point and requires no assessment. It needs immediate medical attention. Had you stated that you came in with a severe headache they would’ve asked you questions and that would’ve made sense. You would’ve answered them and they can quickly start backtracking and checking your medical history for anything which could’ve caused it.

Why I came here? My coral had the very same. Unfortunately I could not diagnose anything since people like you and your boyfriend are a little too proud to simply do what is required for a bit of help.

Well, mine luckily survived and completely bounced back after a day, but of course we wouldn’t want to say what caused it, instead I’ll let you sit there and take wild guesses. That’s apparently the way to go for you 2.

I mean, just take a look at the responses. I’m obviously not the only one feeling this way and funny enough the thread became to some extent useful when others were talking about their experiences.
Dude... Decaf

OP
OP
RaymondsWorlddd

RaymondsWorlddd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0

Relax…again. I asked is there something specific that causes this. Let’s use Dinos for example! (Since I’m currently battling that in my other tank lol)
Question: Is there something specific that causes dinos? Answer: Yes, low nitrates and low phosphates will cause Dinos.
Simple. I didn’t ask to help me diagnose why I have dinos. I asked what causes dinos. I understand people were trying to help me with my problem but I wasn’t asking what’s wrong with my tank. I was asking what causes the torch’s mouth to be open that way.
I agree that this thread is hilarious (which is why I keep coming back) but the amount of rudeness in here is very discouraging. I think quiet a bit of people were missing the point and were trying to help in ways I wasn’t looking. But thank you

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thank you everyone for your passion about reefing related issues. Friendly reminder - R2R was founded on the simple premise to develop a warm, friendly, suitable place to gather and discuss this hobby for people of all ages, backgrounds, and experience levels. The “Be Nice” policy is something we take very seriously. Please work to separate the problem from the people and focus on addressing the problem. If you still have questions about the topic, feel free to start a new thread explaining your aquarium issue. If you have any other concerns about this specific thread then you are welcome to PM me directly.

~Peace

Status
Not open for further replies.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 24.5%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 50 34.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 43 29.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 14 9.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.7%
Back