Mouthful of bristles

BitFix

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today while checking in on the tank I noticed my orchid dotttyback had some white stuff on his mouth, at first I thought it was some kind of fungus, but at a closer look it's definitively a bunch of bristles form a bristle worm. It's quite funny actually, but should I be worried or will the bristles go away with time?

It's extremely hard to take a good pic because he loves the back of the tank and won't stay put, here's my best attempt. You can see some white stuff in his mouth.
1575985481932.png

Jesterrace

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All creatures that eat them will get stuck for a few days and then they fall off/work their way out. It will be fine.

U

User1

View Badges
Someone took a bite out of something they shouldnt have lol

Be glad we don't have to treat it like a dog that plays with a porcupine :) I remember my Uncle always getting mad at his lab who would sneak out at night and play with this particular porcupine off and on. I'd have to catch and hold the darn thing while he clipped the quills to later pull out. One would think the dog would learn...nope.

Trying to catch that dotty - and doing something similar - never would happen :)

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 15.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 6 5.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 18 15.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 64 56.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 7.1%
Back