Moved and upgraded tank, alveopora still not adjusted

Baronen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been about a month and a half since the move. It was in a max nano and it would extend by mid day halfway up the tank (about 10 inches) and slowly retract as lights dimmed, but never fully. Now it only extends about 3 inches and appears a little bleached. Also it will fully retract about an hour before lights turn off. I also switched from instant ocean to aqua forest reef during the move. It’s my favorite coral so I am hoping it’s not slowly dying. Any suggestions??

IMG_6861.jpeg

OP
OP
B

Baronen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks perfectly fine to me. If it was stretching that much previously it may not have been getting enough light.
I finally got around to testing and my alk was below 5! I think its the alk because it just doesn't look right. Got some dosing to do

OP
OP
B

Baronen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_6893.jpeg

Update, alk was never below five I had a bad test kit. Here is a photo under whites to show how bleached it is. Any steps to revive this guy? I’ve put it into a cave to lower the light and have been dosing Phyto daily

OP
OP
B

Baronen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gonna dose aminos and ordered oyster feast and goni powder. Anything else I can do guys?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 149 58.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.4%
Back