Moving my tank

valley

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, in about a month I will have to move my Fluval evo 13.5 into a different room and then back into the same room. I don’t know if this is a dumb question but how can I go about doing this? Can I just lower the water level halfway and carry it? It’s already stocked with fish, coral, inverts, and an anemone so I don’t know if a water change that big would shock my livestock especially since I’d be doing it twice in the same week. Any help would be appreciated!

RWhitt907

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, in about a month I will have to move my Fluval evo 13.5 into a different room and then back into the same room. I don’t know if this is a dumb question but how can I go about doing this? Can I just lower the water level halfway and carry it? It’s already stocked with fish, coral, inverts, and an anemone so I don’t know if a water change that big would shock my livestock especially since I’d be doing it twice in the same week. Any help would be appreciated!
Get a food safe container to hold the water. Maybe three 5 gallon buckets and siphon everything out. It's a lot of added stress on the glass when you move the tank with water in it

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
With even large tanks, I have lowered the tank water to 1/4 full and slowly placed in desired location. I even moved my entire store tanks this way. It keeps bacteria alive and the ability to quickly set the tank back up as if you were doing a major water change

OP
OP
V

valley

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Get a food safe container to hold the water. Maybe three 5 gallon buckets and siphon everything out. It's a lot of added stress on the glass when you move the tank with water in it
With even large tanks, I have lowered the tank water to 1/4 full and slowly placed in desired location. I even moved my entire store tanks this way. It keeps bacteria alive and the ability to quickly set the tank back up as if you were doing a major water change

Alright, thanks for the help! I’ll lower the water down to about 1/4 and store the water in buckets. I’ll have people helping me move it to prevent anything from moving too much and I’ll be moving as quick as possible when moving the tank. The rooms aren’t too far apart, they’re only a few feet away. I just have a few more questions though.

Can I just add the same water I took out back into the tank both times that ill be moving the tank? Could this reduce any stress or shock on the livestock? Also, since the tank will be 1/4 full and some coral and my anemone won’t be submerged; will they be fine out of the water?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Alright, thanks for the help! I’ll lower the water down to about 1/4 and store the water in buckets. I’ll have people helping me move it to prevent anything from moving too much and I’ll be moving as quick as possible when moving the tank. The rooms aren’t too far apart, they’re only a few feet away. I just have a few more questions though.

Can I just add the same water I took out back into the tank both times that ill be moving the tank? Could this reduce any stress or shock on the livestock? Also, since the tank will be 1/4 full and some coral and my anemone won’t be submerged; will they be fine out of the water?
Same water m yes you can. Assure its the same temperature if livestock is in there - it will again replicate a water change

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 61 74.4%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 10 12.2%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 7.3%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back