Moving 1300 miles…

Its only Money

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Moving from Texas to Arizona. I have made arrangements with a local coral dealer to take my nems and a few other softies in trade to ship me some similar later. I was going to toss the sand. Put my rock in plastic trash can, not sure if I should submerge rock or damp towels or paper. It might be a month or so before it’s set back up. Thoughts on how to make this move?

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For transport, I would submerge the rocks in water in 5 gallon buckets with lids to keep them wet, the bacteria alive but other life on the rock is likely to die off in the dark for a month. I would put the rock in a Brute can when you get to the new location, with a powerhead for circulation and let it ride in the water until you set the new tank up.

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Moving from Texas to Arizona. I have made arrangements with a local coral dealer to take my nems and a few other softies in trade to ship me some similar later. I was going to toss the sand. Put my rock in plastic trash can, not sure if I should submerge rock or damp towels or paper. It might be a month or so before it’s set back up. Thoughts on how to make this move?
Submerge if at possible. Battery operated airstone

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 37 23.9%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 33.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 30.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%
Back