Moving a large tank on it's side

  • Thread starter Thread starter Canuck007
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Canuck007

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 19, 2010
Messages
151
Reaction score
87
Location
phoenix
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I'm thinking of getting a rimless (red sea 750xxl v3) but my space for getting it into the office is tight. Can you put an aquarium on it's small side (so vertically) on a furniture dolly to move it? TIA
 
Sure can. I like to pad the dolly and strap the tank to it. I moved a 6ft 180g around my house that way and also moved a 6ft 125 down the basement stairs and back out later using a dolly.

EDIT: You may want to research RS tank failures. Im not buying the whole g3 fixes the problems any more than the g2 and stand modifications fixed them. Just staying....

My reefer 170 after a seam failed in an upper corner of a vertical seam.

image.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new