Moving a maxima?

swannyson7

Moderator/Acro Aficianado
View Badges
Joined
Jan 17, 2010
Messages
6,713
Reaction score
304
Location
Bantam, Connecticut
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got a maxima that is attached to the LR, but now a digitata is growing down and poking the clams mantle. My question is two fold....
Will the digitata damage the clam?
Is it possible to move the clam without damaging it? I'd rather move the clam than the digi, but if it's going to damage the maxima and moving the clam is risky, I guess I'll have no choice.
 
Couldn't you just frag the digi instead of moving the clam? That would seem alot less stressful to th clam then trying to move him

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
 
If you decide to move it. Make sure you don't hurt the foot. There are threads underneath the clam that holds the clam in place. The threads can be cut and it won't hurt the clam.
 
Thanks for the info everyone!

Couldn't you just frag the digi instead of moving the clam? That would seem alot less stressful to th clam then trying to move him

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

I could do this, but I wanted to move the clam instead. However a frag of the orange digi has changed color a bit in lower light. The mother colony was green base with orange polyps (looked like a forest fire digi), but the frag in lower light has a blue base with a green base at the tips. Here's a pic of the frag and mother colony to show what I mean:
An old pic of the mother colony showing the green base:
IMG_6159.jpg

And a pic of the frag showing the blue base w/ green tip:
IMG_8314.jpg


Now I'm contemplating moving the entire colony to see if the base gets the blue coloration.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 21.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 29 29.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 9.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 12 12.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new