Moving corals in tank

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ryrycosmo
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Ryrycosmo

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 18, 2023
Messages
22
Reaction score
21
Location
Murrieta
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello reefers,

I am almost to a point where my Duncan and candy cane coral are gonna be touching. I was wondering if anyone had any tips on moving either of these.

They are not on frags anymore and look to have grown into the rock and not sure the best action.

Ideally, I think the Duncan should have been placed more to the right, but I really didn’t think my candy cane was gonna grow so much!

for both of them, I used a two part epoxy concrete to mold to rockscape and then thick super glue to on bottom of the coral where frag plug was.

image.jpg
 
You could maybe take the rock out, put it along with some tank water into a container of some sort, and attempt to split the rock. That is the only thing I can think of, and I know people who have successfully done this in the past.
 

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new