Moving Day

Compguy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, that thing was very heavy, at least alot more than I thought, hey rick, are we supposed to take off that black around the edges once its fully cured

OP
OP
FiReBReTHa

FiReBReTHa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, that thing was very heavy, at least alot more than I thought, hey rick, are we supposed to take off that black around the edges once its fully cured

on the top???

heck no.

09-05-23_120gtopedge.jpg

Compguy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
mine is euro-braced, and that stuff around the top and bottom doesn't even look like it's doing anything on mine, I will have to show you a picture of it, I mean, I know that on normal tanks its braced with that around the edges and middle, but I had mine braced with glass so there was no black bracing going through the middle to block the light. I will take some pics tomorrow and show you what I mean.

OP
OP
FiReBReTHa

FiReBReTHa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
mine is euro-braced, and that stuff around the top and bottom doesn't even look like it's doing anything on mine, I will have to show you a picture of it, I mean, I know that on normal tanks its braced with that around the edges and middle, but I had mine braced with glass so there was no black bracing going through the middle to block the light. I will take some pics tomorrow and show you what I mean.

still upset you didnt take photos today!!!!

what was your "birth" date?

JPSKI25

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Did it weigh like 350lbs? Cuz thats about what Rick's weighed! Thank God you have nice neighbors!

Compguy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine was pretty heavy, don't know how much it actually weighed. I do have pictures but they were just really quick, I am upset I didn't go rimless like yours, they recommended it but i told them I did want some kind of bracing. My birth date is the 20th. I'll get some good pics up later

OP
OP
FiReBReTHa

FiReBReTHa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine was pretty heavy, don't know how much it actually weighed. I do have pictures but they were just really quick, I am upset I didn't go rimless like yours, they recommended it but i told them I did want some kind of bracing. My birth date is the 20th. I'll get some good pics up later

my tank ill be ready for water in 4 days :)

Compguy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dang, they must have built yours first, I have to wait till the 3rd, I'm going for two weeks rather than three, cause its just a short tank and its braced, I want to put water in it NOW!!!

OP
OP
FiReBReTHa

FiReBReTHa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dang, they must have built yours first, I have to wait till the 3rd, I'm going for two weeks rather than three, cause its just a short tank and its braced, I want to put water in it NOW!!!

hehe, meeeee tooooo

I am staging how to do this quicker etc. I am antsy tooooo

I am going to start geting RO, putting it in the tank but not to the point of overflow. then I can have sand and rocks in there with some flow.

then I can figure out sump situation.

right now I am going to make the door for the front of the stand and measure inside how much room I have to work with for a sump.

Compguy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL, I am gonna try to do everything I can other than putting water in, I bet I won't be able to wait. I am gonna try my best to be patient.

OP
OP
FiReBReTHa

FiReBReTHa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL, I am gonna try to do everything I can other than putting water in, I bet I won't be able to wait. I am gonna try my best to be patient.

and im being impatient! where's my photos?

my impatience had me up all night. got the door done

09-05-24_doorstained.jpg

Compguy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice, I been working all day too, I should have gone rimless like you did, yours looks alot better, but I told them to euro brace it with glass so it would have somekind of bracing, I don't know why I was so set on having bracing for such a short tank. Got my brackets mounted for the lights with 2 x 4's coming off, forgot to get the chains to hang them though, stand is built and got the fittings in the bulkheads and on the tank, got the plywood for the bottom of the tank done, trimmed some stuff in a sump I had lying around to make the water depth's better, all of this after mowing and picking up the grass. Uhhh, I am beat, plus I drilled my thumb today, that felt good. I will have to shoot some pics for ya tomorrow. I really like yours though, it looks REALLY nice!!!

Compguy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, plumbed and here are the pics I promised. Some are out of focus cause I didn't realize my cam was on a different setting till halfway through, but you get the idea.
IMG_1488.jpg

IMG_1487.jpg

IMG_1490.jpg

IMG_1501.jpg

IMG_1506.jpg

IMG_1502.jpg

IMG_1503.jpg

IMG_1504.jpg

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 23.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 57 34.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 49 29.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.4%
Back