Moving filter media

deeare

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 20, 2026
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all! I am new to the hobby and thinking myself thrifty I got the aio marina 10 gallon. Fast forward to now, 2 months later things have been going great but I recently saw my nitrates jump and the filter media looked pretty gnarly. I got a tidal 35 and set it alongside the current filter while i wait for the new tank, but I'm curious can I cut open the cartridge holding the media from the old filter and add it to the bag of media in the new filter without affecting the levels negatively. Thanks!
1000014514.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 11.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new