Moving Friday with coral/ frogfish

  • Thread starter Thread starter Zella616
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Zella616

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 12, 2024
Messages
37
Reaction score
14
Location
Texas
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I asked about this a while back, but now I'm down to the wire. I'm going to use a 5g bucket & lid, with a notch cut for bubbler/heater power cords. I was able to safely move my frog from his first home to the tank I'm bringing with, and it should be fully cycled and good. We are leaving Friday night to get out of the city, staying the night with family, and then doing the 20 hour straight drive.

The frogfish hangs out on the rocks and gravel, he's not a swimmer. I have one small rock with a pink nepthea & small patch of zoa, zoa on a frag mount, mushroom on the same, and a toadstool. I also have snails. They are all going into the bucket together - space in the uhaul cab for a cat, dog, bucket, and 2 adults is limited.

Questions:

1. Do I need to stress about *how* the frog, coral, and snails are all placed? Should I bag something instead (I'm worried about temp, staying in hot TX, ending in WV). Adding pics of the tank so you guys can see what I'm working with.
2. How much water should I be putting in the bucket?
3. Frog will be fed Wed/Thurs. I'm not terribly worried about ammonia, but I do have a travel size bottle of prime. Dose Friday and Saturday?
4. The tank will be essentially emptied - I'm keeping all water to reuse. How much should I leave in the tank - enough to keep the sand wet or more? Should I dose bacteria on the other side?

1000026702.jpg

1000026703.jpg


1000026704.jpg
 
I asked about this a while back, but now I'm down to the wire. I'm going to use a 5g bucket & lid, with a notch cut for bubbler/heater power cords. I was able to safely move my frog from his first home to the tank I'm bringing with, and it should be fully cycled and good. We are leaving Friday night to get out of the city, staying the night with family, and then doing the 20 hour straight drive.

The frogfish hangs out on the rocks and gravel, he's not a swimmer. I have one small rock with a pink nepthea & small patch of zoa, zoa on a frag mount, mushroom on the same, and a toadstool. I also have snails. They are all going into the bucket together - space in the uhaul cab for a cat, dog, bucket, and 2 adults is limited.

Questions:

1. Do I need to stress about *how* the frog, coral, and snails are all placed? Should I bag something instead (I'm worried about temp, staying in hot TX, ending in WV). Adding pics of the tank so you guys can see what I'm working with.
2. How much water should I be putting in the bucket?
3. Frog will be fed Wed/Thurs. I'm not terribly worried about ammonia, but I do have a travel size bottle of prime. Dose Friday and Saturday?
4. The tank will be essentially emptied - I'm keeping all water to reuse. How much should I leave in the tank - enough to keep the sand wet or more? Should I dose bacteria on the other side?

1000026702.jpg

1000026703.jpg


1000026704.jpg
I have not done this but I wish you the best of luck!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 53 34.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.4%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new