Moving into a tank with lower alkalinity question

exnisstech

Grumpy old man
View Badges
Joined
Feb 11, 2019
Messages
20,637
Reaction score
33,543
Location
Ashland Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm getting ready to move out of a tank with alk 9.6 onto a tank with 8.0 and wondering how much acclimation is required or if I should try to match the alk. Corals going in are LPS along with a couple of clams, two are nice pectinia and the others nothing special. I'm wondering if going to a lower alk isn't as stressful as going into higher or if it's the same. I know with salinty going into lower isn't as stressful as going into higher but I have no idea is alk is similar or not.
 
I'd at least bring it up to 9 ,kinda meet in middle, better safe than sorry... 🙂
PH is something to watch for too
 
I'd at least bring it up to 9 ,kinda meet in middle, better safe than sorry... 🙂
PH is something to watch for too

Thanks. I'll bring the lower tank up to 9 and maybe the higher one will drop a little as I'm doing that since I've stopped dosing. I thought about pH but tanks are in the same house so I I think I'll play ignorant and ignore that 🤭.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new