Moving Large Feather Duster during Tank Upgrade

  • Thread starter Thread starter Rewd
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Rewd

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 12, 2020
Messages
270
Reaction score
230
Location
Walnutport
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Has anyone moved large, established feather dusters? I've had these two for some time (over a year) and they seem to be doing very well. Have never moved from this spot. I am planning to Upgrade to a new tank obviously bringing these guys over, but I'm afraid to move them or accidentally damage them.

20220714_174155.jpg
 
Unless the tubes are attached to the rock they're generally fairly easy to move. So you may have to gently separate the tube from the rocks or move it all together in one section. I've moved plenty of feather dusters and tube anemones and they're fairly resilient. Just try to avoid damaging the tube.
 
I'd bet money they are pretty attached to those rocks but I think I can move those rocks with them attached
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 11 32.4%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 17 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 8.8%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 32.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 16 47.1%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 9 26.5%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 14.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new