Moving large tanks

njoyreef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi reefers,
I am in a situation where I am setting up my reefer 900 ( currently Cycling), and on other hand we might have to move states..
I am in San Jose-CA.

I also have a 200 gallon fully established FW biotope built around nature style ( picture attached). It has Peruvian angels with breeding pairs and different tetras to create an amazon biotope.

I am looking for professional service that can move 200 gallon tanks between states.

For SW, I can take all stuff out and it will be an empty box.

For FW, I am thinking of moving, but can sell the whole setup if some nature enthusiasts is interested is rehoming it..do not want to disturb this setup
IMG_2410.jpg

If this post is suitable for other threads, then pls. Let me know and I will move...

Really need your help with recommendation. My heart is torn to move this as I invested quite a bit, but this move is also something that is good for the family..

Pls. Help..

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
While I understand your concern of moving tanks which I just did- PLEASE REFRAIN FROM POSTING THIS AS “EMERGENCY “ as we have aquarists who truly have an emergency “crisis, fish/coral dying, or have a leak of some sort

for your question, it is sort of a standard to utilize Rubbermaid tubs to hold livestock, and empty tank while salvaging as much clean tank water as possible and resetting tank at new destination and adding some liquid bacteria supplement to restore existing culture
Congrats on your life change !!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 36 85.7%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 7.1%
Back