Moving maxima clams

  • Thread starter Thread starter ChaseB143
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

ChaseB143

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 18, 2018
Messages
195
Reaction score
155
What state or country do you live in
Indiana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got two small maxima clams today. I have read that you could bury a shell in the sand then put the clams on top of it and then they would attach to it. Is this the best way to do it so that they can be moved to a different tank in the future and I won’t have to put them on my rock?
 
I've had good luck setting them in a dish filled with coral rubble. They'll attach to the rubble but they're still easy to move later.
 
3"x3" or 4"x4" travertine tiles from Home Depot work well too, but they are kinda ugly if you want to move them into the rock work later. They do have some weight and substance and do not tip over as easily as the man-made clam cradles. I have also made flatter cradles out of 2-part putty.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 22 19.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 35 31.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 14.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 8 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new