Moving my fish tank

brandnewreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone, maybe a really silly question but my desk for my fish tank (Fluval Evo 13.5) isn't really the best for my tank and I think its a little bit too much weight. No sunlight is hitting my tank, and I'm planning on moving it to another area in my room. Do you guys have any recommendations for how to move my fish tank? I was thinking about moving it when I do a 50% water change because it won't be as heavy but I'm not sure. The last thing I need is to drop my fish tank.

Also, moving my tank won't have an impact on anything in the tank correct?

Thanks so much!!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Remove 25% of the water and save it. Do a 40% water change and slowly carry tank with water to new location. Add the saved 25% and finish off with new sea water

Last edited:

TheStricklins

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone, maybe a really silly question but my desk for my fish tank (Fluval Evo 13.5) isn't really the best for my tank and I think its a little bit too much weight. No sunlight is hitting my tank, and I'm planning on moving it to another area in my room. Do you guys have any recommendations for how to move my fish tank? I was thinking about moving it when I do a 50% water change because it won't be as heavy but I'm not sure. The last thing I need is to drop my fish tank.

Also, moving my tank won't have an impact on anything in the tank correct?

Thanks so much!!
I moved 2 20 gallon tanks from a 3rd floor apartment to a house across town about 2 months ago. What I did was take out as much water as I could and fill clean buckets with the tank water, I put the fish and coral in the buckets, and when I got the tank set up at the house I put everything back in that came out and then did a normal water change. It was my first move with reef tanks and I did not have any losses. Good luck!

OP
OP
brandnewreefer

brandnewreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I moved 2 20 gallon tanks from a 3rd floor apartment to a house across town about 2 months ago. What I did was take out as much water as I could and fill clean buckets with the tank water, I put the fish and coral in the buckets, and when I got the tank set up at the house I put everything back in that came out and then did a normal water change. It was my first move with reef tanks and I did not have any losses. Good luck!
Thats impressive, thanks!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 20.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back