Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome

And here's what I would prioritize.

1) have extra water already made up and ready to go

2) have extra space for stock that you're ok with leaving then in for a day, like a Rubbermaid bin from home Depot with a powerhead. I say this because things happen and plans aren't always perfect, so having this space can be a lifesaver.

3) take your time!! It takes longer than you think. It took my wife and I almost 8 hours to move two 25g cubes when we moved to our house. It also took me 8hrs to move livestock from my 190 to my new 180.

4) only set up the essentials. Filtration, light, water movement. That's all you need to get going

OP
OP
Christian0505

Christian0505

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope all of you have some advice on place the tank. My plan was to place the tank on the place provided in the photo below. It’s next to window, which mostly is a bad thing. However this window does not receive any direct sunlight during the day, as it is postioned on the north. Would this be any cause of concern?

5F7293D0-A878-4AD5-9107-FD4BBFD53A8B.jpeg

BeejReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope all of you have some advice on place the tank. My plan was to place the tank on the place provided in the photo below. It’s next to window, which mostly is a bad thing. However this window does not receive any direct sunlight during the day, as it is postioned on the north. Would this be any cause of concern?

5F7293D0-A878-4AD5-9107-FD4BBFD53A8B.jpeg
I think you're ok there if not getting direct sunlight. That is a big window though. There was a recent thread with a similar discussion and a number of seasoned peeps said they felt the window/sunlight thing was overblown. Your mileage may vary. I often pull the shades on the window by my tank and allow the afternoon sun to hit it. If anything, in my case, the tank looks happier.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 65 39.4%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 36 21.8%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 58 35.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.6%
Back