Moving to Denver area (Lone Tree) in the next few weeks. How’s the hobby there?

Pankney72

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Title says it all. Moving for work and simultaneously setting up my custom 250g reef tank. Any good shops in the area? Local clubs? Places to avoid?

thanks!

polyppal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
595F03F0-BC47-4D4C-BCF7-96DA39412A37.gif
Denver is a big reefing hub actually. For some reason…

You’ll want to get connected with our local community, MASC https://www.marinecolorado.org/

The best store in the area is hands down Aquatic Art http://www.aquaticartinc.com/

Elite reef is also a cool store up north. It’s lineage home of the Colorado sunburst http://elitereef.com/

OP
OP
Pankney72

Pankney72

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

mjaustin22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree with everything polypal said, lots of reefers in Colorado lol...I digress though. Aquatic art is the best shop in the state imo. Chris Capp is the owner and is a great person and asset to the hobby. He runs an aquarium maintenance company and his store front is only open on Fridays and Saturdays but is well worth the trip. Jake Adam's from reef builders has done a couple videos on their store. I am an hr North of Denver so I tend to go to a store up here called Animal Attractions, kind of a whole in the wall place, but he has some killer SPS right now. I do try and go to Aquatic Art every 2-3 weeks. MASC is also a great community!

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not in the area, but if I ever make it up that way, ReefKoi's in Colorado Springs is the store I want to go to.

polyppal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not in the area, but if I ever make it up that way, ReefKoi's in Colorado Springs is the store I want to go to.
Yeah Chris’ shop is the only place worth stopping in springs. He also has good low prices on retail supplies, often comparable or cheaper than internet.

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah Chris’ shop is the only place worth stopping in springs. He also has good low prices on retail supplies, often comparable or cheaper than internet.

Chris is a great guy. I met him probably 15 years ago at a local frag swap. He used to be at all the frag swaps then he dropped out for awhile. Once he got back in and opened the shop he never does any swaps outside of the state that I know of. It was great back in the day when him, Josh and Cherry Corals would have booths next to each other.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 24.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 53 33.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 29.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.5%

Back