MP 10 power supply issue

  • Thread starter Thread starter paraletho
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

paraletho

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 3, 2011
Messages
464
Reaction score
400
Location
Sabine Pass Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The power supply cord where it plugs into the driver was corroded and pulled apart. I can get a new power supply but I still need to get the broken piece off the pin so the new one will be able to plug in. Anyone ever done this and how involved would it be.

IMG_4196.jpeg IMG_4198.jpeg IMG_4195.jpeg
 
Why can you not get a new power supply? I don't recommend trying to do self maintenance on electronics. Look for a tag or small printed words on the power supply. It might hint towards what type it is so you can buy a new one.
 
I already have the new one installed. If it was an easy fix I was going to attempt it as a spare. I still may do it but at an electronics repair shop.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 4.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new