• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

MP 60 Scott9119 Worst Seller Ever! Now I'm out $340!

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

cloud9aquatics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Watch out ppl, I chose to purchase some 5month old vortechs in excellent condition from this guy, 1 was from November 29, 2011 beat up cord pulled out dings on back of it and cracked wet side, the other was from jan 23 2012, bearings on wet side blown out and unusable, cord was pulled out as well, I had to just purchase 2 wet sides for $170 ea, he charged me 1250 shipped for pumps, I could have 2 brand new ones in my hands for that price, I don't see why ppl lie on here be honest! Just watch out for this guy, he has a few more things for sale! Here's his response to me.

Re: vortech
Originally Posted by scott9119
Are you kidding there is nothing broken. They work like a champ. All mp 60 wires do that. Wet sides are 100% fine. You got those for 1200 dollars for a pair of them. No refunds.

Sent Via the R2R Forum APP
The cords were pulling out! The wet sides have bad bearings and are cracked! You lied and said they were 5 months old! One of them is from 2011! I just ordered a new wetisde from brs. It was $175 shipped, u should cough that up and be honest instead of a lying point of sale.

ReeferBill

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, to be fair, the cords always do pull out of the controllers. Dont know why, but they always look like they were misused. As for the wet sides, if they are not what he advertised, then he should refund for those. As for the date of manufacturing, I always ask for a picture of the dates to ensure I am getting what they say. Not sure how to handle that, but if it were me, I would have asked for a refund, and mailed them back. IF he denied it, I would go through paypal to get my money back. Those pumps are expensive, and you should get something in working order.

GratefulReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea, there is no point in saying they are X-months old when you know that the person getting them will see what they truely are. Thanks for the heads up, I am in the market for some upgrades too and now I know where not to look

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 29.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 37.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 25.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back