Mp10 on 3/4in glass?

DVal

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 12, 2017
Messages
381
Reaction score
273
Location
Chattanooga
What state or country do you live in
Tennessee
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently have 2 mp40's at either end of my 6ft tank with 3/4 in glass but I'd like to have a couple of powerheads on the back glass. I know that MP10's are not rated for glass that thick BUT has anybody ever tried ways to make it work? The MP60's have additional tabs to hold it onto the glass. Im wondering if that could potentially keep the heavy dry side in place and the lighter wet side be held up by the magnet? I dont have much experience with how strong MP10's magnets are.
 
I’m sure there are people that will tell you it can work, but I don’t believe it would be strong enough for it.
 
1/2" is even pushing it for Mp10s. They stick on 1/2", but if you bump it, it comes unattached at times. It is just on the edge of usable. Some people have success and other do not.

3/4" is more than likely much worse.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 3 5.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 13 24.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 24.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 16.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 14.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new