Mp10 on the back wall of a biocube?

lubeck

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know if you could put a mp10 on the back wall of a 32 gal biocube? I was thinking in the return section side it should be dry? I don’t want to have any visible power heads on the sides of the tank if I can. Any suggestions?

A Young Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
was thinking in the return section side it should be dry?
what do you mean by this exactly?
but you can totally put your mp 10 on the back wall of your aquarium. But of course the dry side is out of the tank and the wet side must stay in the tank.

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know if you could put a mp10 on the back wall of a 32 gal biocube? I was thinking in the return section side it should be dry? I don’t want to have any visible power heads on the sides of the tank if I can. Any suggestions?

No! Way too close to salt creep and water and moisture! This is a huge risk to your pump and tank itself.

You can get other pumps that can go on the back. Almost any other.

Ocean’s Piece

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would consider getting a Jebao OW-10. Or really any Jebao model. There are stronger ones than this one but I have had this one in my Biocube 32 for months and it has been great. It has a randomized mode on it and offers up to 1032 (ish if I remember correctly) gallons per hour. It saves a lot of money and can fit in the back section of chamber. Now if you want a powerhead with more flow, they offer some pretty powerful wavemakers so give them a look.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 58 40.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 22.8%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 33.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.4%
Back