Mp10 qd motor falling off

Alvin Alejandro

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So all I did was adjust my pulse intervals from 5 seconds to 2 and thats when the dry side started falling off. I went ahead and brought it to 10 seconds and it hasn't fallen off yet. I have 3/8 inch thick glass. Does anyone know what could have caused this?

saltyhog

blowing bubbles somewhere
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you mount it with the sticky's they include? Like this?

MP%20mount_zpsvg9unc1k.jpg

With the pulse mode I think alignment is more critical than when you're in other modes. That said I have two MP10's on a 1/2" glass tank without any problems. I also run short pulse mode at least 3 hours a day usually with a pulse length of 0.7 second.

atlfishes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it continues to happen, talk to customer support. I had an issue where it kept getting disconnected and it turned out to be a bad wet side.

OP
OP
Alvin Alejandro

Alvin Alejandro

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I mounted with the stickies but instead of the cord going up I have it going down. I had it running like that for a few days and it was fine and it started falling off today once I hooked up it to the wxm module and set up the pulse mode at the end of the day but like I said it only does that if I have set in 2 second intervals and it also makes a knocking noise everything it starts up but it won't do that if I'm running it at 10 second intervals.

OP
OP
Alvin Alejandro

Alvin Alejandro

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it continues to happen, talk to customer support. I had an issue where it kept getting disconnected and it turned out to be a bad wet side.
I'm hoping it's not a bad wet side cause I'm sure it's out of warranty. I bought it a year ago but I just now set it up since I finally had the money to set up my tank again.

atlfishes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm hoping it's not a bad wet side cause I'm sure it's out of warranty. I bought it a year ago but I just now set it up since I finally had the money to set up my tank again.

Ecotech has great customer service. It is worth your time to call them.

Philt56

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My mp10 with the quiet mode has also started having its wet side falling off in the tank. 65 gal acrylic so not tank all thick at all. I soaked the wet side in vinegar so the impeller seems to move freely. I opened it up and saw nothing inside. It runs fine for about an hour and then falls off.

Any ideas?

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 12 35.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 13 38.2%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 8 23.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back