MP10 QD Warranty Questions

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

easily_fishstracted

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My relatively new (couple months in service) MP10 QD is defective, with the wet and dry sides occasionally coming out of sync, which leads to gradually growing vibration and noise, and - if it isn't fixed by playing with the positioning - separation, and the wet side falling to the bottom of the tank.

I have created a warranty ticket with the distributor, and have been requested to send the unit it.

The obvious issue is that the tank cannot survive without a powerhead, and find it somewhat ridiculous that I would be expected to pay another EUR 330 or so for a redundant second MP10, just to tide me over until the original is replaced.

I cannot imagine that this is standard procedure in the US, is it??

pecan2phat

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately, it is.
Maybe you can buy an inexpensive generic powerhead to use now and when you get your MP10 back, just keep the one you bought as an emergency spare or use it to mix new saltwater for maintenance.

pelphrey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What pump to you use to mix salt water, if you do mix salt water? Can you put that in your tank until you get the MP10 resolved?

Tyler Bullock

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know very many buisnesses that will send you a new product before they get the defective ones. I would run out to the store and get a cheap pump while the mp10 is in shipment.

OP
OP
easily_fishstracted

easily_fishstracted

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I was sent back the pump, with no documentation or anything, and it is still broken, exhibiting the same symptoms as before but worse! This is a EUR330 powerhead just a couple months into use! This is completely unacceptable service, even for German standards...

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 44.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 24.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 28.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.6%
Back