Mp10 random flow

  • Thread starter Thread starter zbrusko
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

zbrusko

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 14, 2023
Messages
468
Reaction score
254
Location
CT
What state or country do you live in
Connecticut
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone make random flow cover for mp10?
 
Not sure what you mean. I've seem a few directional control covers that allow you to aim the flow a bit. I've not seen anything like a random flow generator for a power head and not sure why one would be needed when the flow can be set to random.
 
I guess I mean directionally random, like the vca return nozzles.
 
None to my knowledge. Have you searched on Etsy? 3D printing is almost entirely brackets (lights) and probe holders. Nothing really cutting edge.
 
You can make the flow random with counter flow opposite of the powerhead or by aiming it towards the outflow of your return pump.

I have mine opposite of my return pump nozzle and have it set to the reefcrest setting. That generates pretty even random flow across most of the tank. I'm limited by the size of my aquarium, otherwise I would have another MP10 on the opposite side.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new