Powerhead vortexes

  • Thread starter Thread starter DmitryB
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

DmitryB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
May 26, 2026
Messages
1,245
Reaction score
963
Location
Hunter, NY
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
A thread on micro bubbles in a tank reminded me of something I've been meaning to ask: what's with the stupid vortexes power heads create, sending air bubbles into the tank? On my 40 gallon I have an MP10 and Nero 3 on opposite sides, slightly offset: one a bit further to the left and lower than the other. And the Nero creates vortexes and sends air bubbles flying no matter how much deeper I move it. It's gotta be 10" below water surface now - and STILL the vortex. Is there a fix for this nonsense??? Interestingly the MP10, which is higher, does not do this.
 
A thread on micro bubbles in a tank reminded me of something I've been meaning to ask: what's with the stupid vortexes power heads create, sending air bubbles into the tank? On my 40 gallon I have an MP10 and Nero 3 on opposite sides, slightly offset: one a bit further to the left and lower than the other. And the Nero creates vortexes and sends air bubbles flying no matter how much deeper I move it. It's gotta be 10" below water surface now - and STILL the vortex. Is there a fix for this nonsense??? Interestingly the MP10, which is higher, does not do this.
I just turn down the GPM when it sucks a vortex
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 9 28.1%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 21.9%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 28.1%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 21.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new