Mp10 with apex feed mode

christwendt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
hello I’ve tried to find in forums but I can’t. Maybe someone can link me to the answer or explain here.
I have mp10 purchased used 1.5 years ago. I don’t think it has mobius. I have figured out how to put it in feed mode A which I have programmed for 10 mins but this makes the pump shut off completely. I’m new to apex.. how do I make it do a low percent when I feed mode so I still get water movement ? This is what I have. Do I need to do advanced ?

FDF87645-3A7C-491E-B8A1-08E70DA12F1D.png 3D9ABAB1-2491-42BA-BFF0-5B421B002D6B.png

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To control the MP10 speed, you need to have a WXM module which communicates wirelessly with the MP10. This module has been discontinued, so they’re only available second-hand.

OP
OP
C

christwendt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
To control the MP10 speed, you need to have a WXM module which communicates wirelessly with the MP10. This module has been discontinued, so they’re only available second-hand.
Thank you I actually have one I bought a year ago before I had apex. I will set that up. Can you explain how the WXM becomes useless ? I read it’s useless because of the möbius ap. Is that only for mobius ready mp10? If I had mobius ready mp10 would this percent mode during feed be impossible ? Just trying to understand it better.

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you I actually have one I bought a year ago before I had apex. I will set that up. Can you explain how the WXM becomes useless ? I read it’s useless because of the möbius ap. Is that only for mobius ready mp10? If I had mobius ready mp10 would this percent mode during feed be impossible ? Just trying to understand it better.
The WXM was a collaboration between Neptune and EcoTech to control MP’s and Radions. EcoTech decided to abandon any Apex control of their new lines of products when they created Mobius, so Neptune stopped manufacturing them.

OP
OP
C

christwendt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The WXM was a collaboration between Neptune and EcoTech to control MP’s and Radions. EcoTech decided to abandon any Apex control of their new lines of products when they created Mobius, so Neptune stopped manufacturing them.
That makes a lot of sense. Thanks for explaining. So I lucked out because I have an older model of mp10. Last question if you don’t mind. Is there anyway to control a ai Nero with apex in this same manner ( feed mode means 20 percent so I keep some flow) or can I just do on/ off like without the wxm module I’ve been doing.

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you have ever connected to your MP10 with Mobius, then you’ll need to downgrade the MP10 firmware to make it compatible with the WXM. Watch this video:

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That makes a lot of sense. Thanks for explaining. So I lucked out because I have an older model of mp10. Last question if you don’t mind. Is there anyway to control a ai Nero with apex in this same manner ( feed mode means 20 percent so I keep some flow) or can I just do on/ off like without the wxm module I’ve been doing.
I don’t believe the Nero has any speed control capability through the Apex. It’s ON/OFF only.

OP
OP
C

christwendt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If you have ever connected to your MP10 with Mobius, then you’ll need to downgrade the MP10 firmware to make it compatible with the WXM. Watch this video:
Awesome I was reading about the downgrade thing before. And thank you for answering the Nero question I assumed that was the case but wanted to double check!

OP
OP
C

christwendt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I just checked because I’m having issues with the WXM and I downloaded mobius. It shows that it hasn’t been updated. Do you know how to make my feed A which is 10 minutes make pump go into 15 percent or whatever just so it isn’t off? I have tried making a profile for titled feed which is constant at 15 percent. Then I changed the programming of outlet that has mp10 to
if FeedA 000 then Feed
for the outlet but that doesn’t work. I’m unsure what my settings should be under the WXM module itself under outputs. Attached are my outlet settings and my settings for the WXM module. I read from Russ on Neptune that I can just put without a profile
If FeedA then 15
But that doesn’t work either.

42116C50-6636-4C67-B8E4-486778A1BBA9.png 106B189F-748E-483F-9F2A-2E67DCE45D0E.png 60FF0A68-AAF8-4322-A982-ADC29C9E7472.png F14404C8-1FF5-4C3B-8D25-4A928ED7EC0A.png

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is the "pwrhead_2_2" output on the EB832 actually your MP10's power cord? If so, that's a problem. The MP10 should have power at all times, and the WXM's output is what controls turning the MP10 on, or, or adjusting the speed. Plugging in the MP10's power into a controllable output is a waste of that valuable controllable output. Use a regular power strip instead, or if that's not an option reconfigure the EB832's output to be Always ON.

If all you're wanting to do is change to a constant 15%, then no profile is needed. As Russ said, just use this on the WXM output:

If FeedA 000 Then 15

Lastly, if you do choose to use a profile, don't name it "Feed". This is a reserved keyword on the Apex. Name it something like "Slow" or something else not staring with "Feed" or any other Apex command name.

OP
OP
C

christwendt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I
Is the "pwrhead_2_2" output on the EB832 actually your MP10's power cord? If so, that's a problem. The MP10 should have power at all times, and the WXM's output is what controls turning the MP10 on, or, or adjusting the speed. Plugging in the MP10's power into a controllable output is a waste of that valuable controllable output. Use a regular power strip instead, or if that's not an option reconfigure the EB832's output to be Always ON.

If all you're wanting to do is change to a constant 15%, then no profile is needed. As Russ said, just use this on the WXM output:

If FeedA 000 Then 15

Lastly, if you do choose to use a profile, don't name it "Feed". This is a reserved keyword on the Apex. Name it something like "Slow" or something else not staring with "Feed" or any other Apex command name.
seriously you rock. I have two energy bars so I’m not worried about taking up space but I did not know that the WXM module can replace using the outlet on power bar. I assume this is correct for any module for example if I attach auto top off with FMM module then I don’t need top off plugged into outlet. That’s great to know. I have the outlet to always be on. I took your advice and changed it to slow and I actually got it working perfectly now :)
If I were to buy new mp40 for my next tank I could just downgrade them to continue to use them with my apex correct?

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I

seriously you rock. I have two energy bars so I’m not worried about taking up space but I did not know that the WXM module can replace using the outlet on power bar. I assume this is correct for any module for example if I attach auto top off with FMM module then I don’t need top off plugged into outlet. That’s great to know. I have the outlet to always be on. I took your advice and changed it to slow and I actually got it working perfectly now :)
If I were to buy new mp40 for my next tank I could just downgrade them to continue to use them with my apex correct?
Think of the WXM as like the remote control for your TV. You wouldn't unplug the TV's power cord to turn it off, you just press the power button on the remote. Same concept for your MP10. Plus, if the power to the MP10 is turned off, then the MP10 loses its wireless connection to the WXM and the WXM will report it as "Missing" in Fusion.

See this FAQ about what devices should not be plugged into the EnergyBar: https://forum.neptunesystems.com/sh...ead-This-Thread!&p=96572&viewfull=1#post96572

For your new MP40 question, I actually don't know the answer. I don't own any, and I've heard something about different wireless chips in different versions. Hopefully, someone else here can chime in with details.

OP
OP
C

christwendt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Think of the WXM as like the remote control for your TV. You wouldn't unplug the TV's power cord to turn it off, you just press the power button on the remote. Same concept for your MP10. Plus, if the power to the MP10 is turned off, then the MP10 loses its wireless connection to the WXM and the WXM will report it as "Missing" in Fusion.

See this FAQ about what devices should not be plugged into the EnergyBar: https://forum.neptunesystems.com/sh...ead-This-Thread!&p=96572&viewfull=1#post96572

For your new MP40 question, I actually don't know the answer. I don't own any, and I've heard something about different wireless chips in different versions. Hopefully, someone else here can chime in with details.
Once again cleared up all my questions. Really appreciate your contributions to this forum. I got it all working now super happy. I will give eco tech a call to find out as I really like these powerheads but using apex and mobius ap for feed mode would be annoying. Thanks again :)

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 134 88.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.9%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.0%
Back