Mp10

  • Thread starter Thread starter banger32
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

banger32

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 23, 2019
Messages
462
Reaction score
299
Location
Bradenton
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So last night I put my Mp10 in nutrient export mode and the wet side started spinning. I opened it up and found the ceramic or plastic piece that slides over the metal shaft is broken. I know they sell that part but don't know if that would be the only issue and don't want to buy something if that's not the fix. Has anyone had this issue before? Do you know if that is the fix? Lucky for me I have another mp10 to replace it but I still want to fix this one or replace the wet side if it's not worth fixing. Thanks
 
So last night I put my Mp10 in nutrient export mode and the wet side started spinning. I opened it up and found the ceramic or plastic piece that slides over the metal shaft is broken. I know they sell that part but don't know if that would be the only issue and don't want to buy something if that's not the fix. Has anyone had this issue before? Do you know if that is the fix? Lucky for me I have another mp10 to replace it but I still want to fix this one or replace the wet side if it's not worth fixing. Thanks
if it's newer this sounds like a manufacturer defect and should be replaced? I use multiple wet sides for mp40's but luckily haven't came across this kind of issue yet...
 
No its older I wish it was still under warranty but isn't. I know they sell the part on their website I wish it was just the ceramic shaft that could be purchased but it's not. It only cost $30 but I just want to be sure that's the issue I'm pretty sure it is. Just looking for confirmation. Thanks
 
Someone posted here recently a cheap fix was using plastic heat shrink wire connector tubes. You can buy them in bulk online
 
Just call support they sent me new ones for the same problem. They didn't care how old they were I just had to give the serial number. some of mine are the older version that I upgraded so not new and no warranty.
 
Thanks for the help guys I really appreciate it
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 19 21.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 26 29.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 8.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new