Mp10

banger32

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So last night I put my Mp10 in nutrient export mode and the wet side started spinning. I opened it up and found the ceramic or plastic piece that slides over the metal shaft is broken. I know they sell that part but don't know if that would be the only issue and don't want to buy something if that's not the fix. Has anyone had this issue before? Do you know if that is the fix? Lucky for me I have another mp10 to replace it but I still want to fix this one or replace the wet side if it's not worth fixing. Thanks

thatmanMIKEson

Reefing ain't easy$
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So last night I put my Mp10 in nutrient export mode and the wet side started spinning. I opened it up and found the ceramic or plastic piece that slides over the metal shaft is broken. I know they sell that part but don't know if that would be the only issue and don't want to buy something if that's not the fix. Has anyone had this issue before? Do you know if that is the fix? Lucky for me I have another mp10 to replace it but I still want to fix this one or replace the wet side if it's not worth fixing. Thanks
if it's newer this sounds like a manufacturer defect and should be replaced? I use multiple wet sides for mp40's but luckily haven't came across this kind of issue yet...

OP
OP
banger32

banger32

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No its older I wish it was still under warranty but isn't. I know they sell the part on their website I wish it was just the ceramic shaft that could be purchased but it's not. It only cost $30 but I just want to be sure that's the issue I'm pretty sure it is. Just looking for confirmation. Thanks

Ajayabb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Someone posted here recently a cheap fix was using plastic heat shrink wire connector tubes. You can buy them in bulk online

dadnjesse

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Just call support they sent me new ones for the same problem. They didn't care how old they were I just had to give the serial number. some of mine are the older version that I upgraded so not new and no warranty.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 39 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 14 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 143 58.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 18 7.3%
Back