Avast K1 Kalk Stirrer not stirring

Jipolley

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 27, 2024
Messages
58
Reaction score
47
Location
Dallas
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve attached the video, but the top piece is spinning but the actual shaft that goes down to the stirrer stops with minimal resistance (from the Kalk at the bottom). What’s the fix for this? Is it buying the Avast Kalk mix I just discovered or need a whole new unit? Only been running it for a year
@AVAST Marine
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1447.mov
    32.4 MB
Update if anyone else ever runs into this issue with the Avast K1 Stirrer: If your stirrer’s gray shaft spins freely but stops under any resistance, check the connection between the shaft and motor. I removed the motor and shaft assembly and found that the two retaining screws were no longer gripping the smaller shaft securely. I pulled the gray shaft out, coated the end with superglue, reinserted it into the motor coupling, and let it set. It has worked perfectly since.
 
Update if anyone else ever runs into this issue with the Avast K1 Stirrer: If your stirrer’s gray shaft spins freely but stops under any resistance, check the connection between the shaft and motor. I removed the motor and shaft assembly and found that the two retaining screws were no longer gripping the smaller shaft securely. I pulled the gray shaft out, coated the end with superglue, reinserted it into the motor coupling, and let it set. It has worked perfectly since.
Sorry we missed this Joel. If the superglue doesn't hold long term please email us and we can help further. We recently reengineered this part to be significantly stronger and it now uses all 316 stainless steel threads and hardware so it will not strip out over time.
 
Sorry we missed this Joel. If the superglue doesn't hold long term please email us and we can help further. We recently reengineered this part to be significantly stronger and it now uses all 316 stainless steel threads and hardware so it will not strip out over time.
Got it! If it fails again I will reach out
 
As an aside, not all kalk is created equal, some brands just don't spin well in my K1. Even with your fix, you still don't want to over tax the motor.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 44.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new