MP10ES Quietdrive upgrade with MP10wQD?

  • Thread starter Thread starter ps2cho
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

ps2cho

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 17, 2014
Messages
881
Reaction score
270
Location
United States
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does it matter which of the QD upgrades you get?

I don't have wireless on mine, but I see a QD upgrade that says its for wireless models. Is there even a difference? The price is the same...and on my retailer I am buying from I have some store credit and they only have this model. They do not show the non-wireless MP10QD version.

So will it work, or is the wQD version not compatible with MP10ES?

Now that my tank is in the living room, the "whirring" noise deserves to be more silent.
 
The wireless chip is separate, I just purchased the chip and QD upgrade yesterday for my MP10ES
 
I did my upgrade tonight... MP10WQD driver and wireless chip, plus added a ReefLink. Totally impressed with the QD upgrade, the Vortec is virtually silent now. The new programming possibilities with the ReefLink are awesome too! I can now program different modes throughout the day with different speeds... Very frickin cool!

I definitely would suggest this upgrade ;)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 2 4.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 11 22.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 27.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 8 16.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 4.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 16.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 2 4.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new