MP40 issue on 19mm (3/4”) glass

Bacon and Eggs

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know MP40 are probably a bit iffy with this thickness.

New tank Cade 1800 S2

2 MP40s. Not a real strong bond but both working fine for 2 weeks. Now one feels less strong and won’t bond appropriately. Just slips right off (I have the tabs holding it from hitting the floor).

I’m using the gasket. Glass is clean. What to do? Can I run a new MP40 without the gasket? There is a little rubber pad there on the wet side.

Tahiti

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know MP40 are probably a bit iffy with this thickness.

New tank Cade 1800 S2

2 MP40s. Not a real strong bond but both working fine for 2 weeks. Now one feels less strong and won’t bond appropriately. Just slips right off (I have the tabs holding it from hitting the floor).

I’m using the gasket. Glass is clean. What to do? Can I run a new MP40 without the gasket? There is a little rubber pad there on the wet side.

I have one on my tank with the same thickness. I have to use the gasket on mine and it holds just fine. Have you tried contacting Ecotech support? They are very helpful.

tzabor10

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used to have the same issue. Try different spacers. See what works best. Let the magnets sit together for a while before starting the motor. It seems to let the magnets “associate “. Good luck

OP
OP
Bacon and Eggs

Bacon and Eggs

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one on my tank with the same thickness. I have to use the gasket on mine and it holds just fine. Have you tried contacting Ecotech support? They are very helpful.
I did, but I figured it out first. I inadvertently had the gasket on the wet side of just that pump. That fixed the issue ‍♂️

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 137 58.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.8%
Back