MP40 Issue

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Philip Haddock

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got my first MP40 (brand new) about a week ago. First tried it on my 80G (12mm glass) with the thin spacer and no matter what, on reefcrest it will chatter here and there (sometimes multiple times in a minute, others just a few times an hour). It won't do it on any other mode or speed or even in reefcrest on demo. I've adjusted the alignment probably 100 times. I decided to try it on my 120G with no spacer and same outcome. I know this can't be normal. ??

Also, reefcrest just slowly ramps up and down on speed. Ramps up over the course of 20-30 seconds and back down over the same amount of time. This doesn't seem anything like a high energy frequent and drastic speed change to me. ?? With my maxspect Gyres and AI Nero's the same setting is very chaotic and changing. Is that just how reefcrest is or is something wrong with my pump?

Thanks all!!

MW319

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What intensity are you running it at? I have 2 on my waterbox 170 running at 60 & 65% and never had an issue and they are pushing a lot flow.

OP
OP
P

Philip Haddock

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What intensity are you running it at? I have 2 on my waterbox 170 running at 60 & 65% and never had an issue and they are pushing a lot flow.
On the 80 I was running it max of 37% and the 120 max of 70%. Any more than 70% and you can hear it whirring through the whole house almost. But even at the 35% max it would still chatter or whatever the correct term would be. It's been running on reefcrest in demo mode on the 120 at 85% max for 2 hours now and hasn't done it once. Still ramps up and down very slow and.nothijg else so maybe I just don't understand the mode. Gyres and Neros do the same but throw in huge pulses like waves and are very random all over the place.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back